We’ve heard from many of you this week, and one feeling has been shared by almost everyone: What we’re going through is kind of crazy and totally out of the ordinary.
With that in mind, we thought we’d try something out of the ordinary—though not quite as crazy. We’re going to start emailing you a couple times a week. Full disclosure: We’ve never experienced a global pandemic before either, so we’re making this up as we go along…
Here’s why we’re doing this:
1. We want to stay in contact with you — even if you aren’t in school!
2. We know at some point you’re going to get bored. Hopefully this can provide a much needed distraction.
3. It’s better than doing a homework packet
So…here’s our first Email Blast:
Check-Ins: Schedule a time to talk to your CP Advisor about anything and everything going on. This could be a brief phone call, a series of texts, or an email—whatever works for you. Regardless of what you choose, make sure to connect with Eric, Becky, or Patrick sometime in the coming days.
Homework Hotline: On Tuesday and Thursday of next week, we’re asking anyone and everyone who wants homework help to connect with their CP Advisor. This can be done over text, phone, or any other medium of your choosing. Remember that we’re available most other times, too! But we want to challenge you all to reach out on these days with anything you may need an extra pair of eyes on.
STRP Jobs: Are you interested in working for Tenacity over the summer? Time is of the essence, so make sure you contact Drew ASAP! His email is firstname.lastname@example.org and he’ll schedule a time to talk with you on the phone. Let us know when you send the email because then we can help you with the next steps.
- Amid the coronavirus crisis, a group of celebrities recently sang a cover version of this song—and it was met with very mixed reviews.
- Local sports star Tom Brady decided that he’s no longer going to be local… and is moving on! What team is he playing for now?
- On this day in 2016, President Barack Obama became the first US President to visit this country since 1928, arriving for a 3 day tour.
We’ll keep a running tally of trivia scores, so make sure to answer these for some rewards
- Netflix Party: Having trouble with social distancing? You and your (Tenacity or non-Tenacity) friends can have a movie night all within the comforts of your own home. All you need is the Google Chrome browser and some basic computer skills and you’re good to go. We CP Advisors won’t be offended if we don’t get an invite.
- Get off the Couch: We know that sitting on the couch all day does have its benefits. But it’s also nice to mix in some fitness every now and then. Here’s a list of 7 In-Home workout routines you might try now that all the gyms are shut down. Remember: running to the freezer for ice cream does not count as exercise.
- Book Recommendation: Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
For anyone interested in reading a book that parallels what we’re living through right now, Station Eleven is a good choice. The book takes place after a fictional swine flu pandemic has devastated the world. But don’t worry, the coronavirus won’t get as bad as things do in this book.
- a. Life Pro Tip: If you have a BPS Library card, you’re able to make e-book checkouts – you can check out up to 10 books at a time!
- Stay in contact with your CP Advisor
- If you haven’t taken the Tenacity Survey … please do!
- Answer the trivia questions (remember to click “Reply” and not “Reply All”)
- SOCIALLY DISTANCE!