Good Afternoon and Happy Friday Frederick Tenacity Family and Students!
I hope everyone is enjoying the warmer weather, and has been able to safely get outside and enjoy it, exercise is an important way to boost the immune system! As this week comes to a close, there are some new updates, resources, and announcements that Tenacity would like to share with you!
- The Tenacity Instagram account (@tenacityboston) will be holding a live interview on their Instagram page at 4:00om today with former tennis professional and current coach Troy Crichlow. Follow the account and tune into their page at 4:00 to see the live interview! If a tenacity student can answer the following 3 quiz questions and DM the @tenacityboston account, Tenacity will send them a free lunch! The questions are:
a. Who is Troy’s favorite Celtic?
b. What is his 2nd favorite sport?
c. What is his favorite snack?
2. The Frederick Tenacity Instagram account (@tenacityfrederick) is still posting its daily solo tennis & fitness exercises and challenges. Thank you to those students and parents who have followed or liked our posts. Please follow us if you haven’t done so already! As a note to students, the free giveaways of cans of tennis balls and shock absorbers that I offer for challenges are still available! Just Instagram DM or email me a video with your challenge so I know you did it! We will NOT repost any videos unless you give us permission if that is holding anyone back from sending a challenge in! Rumor has it other tenacity staff will be making appearances on the gram soon so stay tuned!
- Mr. McGurn has been hard at work all week working on our bi-monthly newsletter. Given the current situation, this newsletter will be sent electronically. It has been designed so it is easy to view on both a computer and a smart phone, but please let us know if you are having trouble viewing it. We want to make sure you are caught up on all the things we have been doing for the past 2 months, and get to look at all of the photos of our amazing students!
- Please expect that newsletter either later today or Monday Morning
- There will be some more exciting updates early next week regarding literacy programming we will be offering virtually so stay tuned for that!
- In the meantime students please continue to check your emails and respond to your book club leaders and journal buddies. Parents we are sending your children content and things to do so please help us making sure they respond, especially if they are bored and need things to do!
Technology/Academic Support Updates:
- Tenacity is here to help our families and Students if there are issues with chromebooks (whether it’s obtaining one or you are having issues with the one you have), internet connection, or downloading and doing your school work. I know we have been in touch with all of you, but if something happens or you just want an update please don’t hesitate to reach out!
- Students! If you need help with your homework and schoolwork, please reach out to us we are here to help!
- Students and Parents, If you are having issues contacting us, please reach out directly to me Burke Paxton at 207-317-6284.
Below are a list of more resources that are available for anyone else who may need them, so feel free to pass along to your family, neighbors, and friends. Please note that these resources are in ADDITION TO the resources we sent out in our email blast on Monday!
- Free groceries for all by the Solidarity Supply Distro at Makeshift Boston (549 Columbus Ave, Boston, MA 02118) every Monday at 5:30pm.
- Information on Massachusetts workers emergency relief funds can be found here.
Neighborhood Mutual Aid Networks
- Ask for help, offer help. Neighbors helping neighbors can be found here.
Resources for Immigrants
- Emergency fund for undocumented folks can be found here.
- USCIS has confirmed that the Public Charge rule does not restrict access to testing, screening, or treatment of communicable diseases, including COVID-19. USCIS Alert
- A list of free clinics and health centers in MA can be found here.
- Information about services for Boston residents, regardless of immigration status here.
- GoNoodle has fun free movement and mindfulness videos for kids, including camp songs! Other amazing educational resources can be found here.
- Casa Myrna provides shelter and supportive services to survivors of domestic violence.
During this chaotic time it is important that we continue to stay connected and help each other! Tenacity is here for all of its families and students should you need help or support of any kind. Please do not hesitsate to reach out to myself on anyone on the Tenacity Frederick team to see how we can help.
Wishing you all a healthy and restful weekend!
Site Director & Tennis Coordinator at the Frederick Middle School