Good Afternoon Frederick Tenacity Family and Students!
I hope everyone is healthy and safe! We have a few important announcements and updates to share with you all so please read the whole message!
HW Help/Office Hours
In an effort to be a greater support for our students all Frederick staff will be hosting office hours starting next week! This is a time for student to meet with Frederick staff members to get help with homework, schedule their day, talk about book club, or just have a friendly face to talk to! If something comes up and you need to meet with us at a different time please don’t hesitate to reach out, but these will be our weekly standing office hours going forward.
· Mr. Paxton’s Office Hours: 3-5, Mon-Thursday, 2-4 on Friday.
· Mr. McGurn’s Office Hours: 12-3 Mon-Thursday
· Ms. T’s Office Hours: 1-3 Every Day
· Ms. C’s Office Hours: 1-3 Every Day
· Ms. Wiliams’s Office Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 1-3 PM
Support Feedback Survey:
In order to better support our families and students during this pandemic we have are asking your feedback. The survey should take no more than 4 or 5 minutes, and will help us be a better support for all families and students involved in our program. If you are a parent please complete the parent survey, and if you are a student please complete the student survey. Si habla español, hay una versión en español de la encuesta. Please complete it when you have a free moment, your feedback is important to us!
· Parent Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HHMTHCS
· Student Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PN2ZKZX
· Encuesta en Español: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/95H3F7L
8th Grade Family & Student Updates:
1) 8th Grade families! Mr. McGurn or myself have spoken with many of you about the fact that the 8th grade retreat over April Break was cancelled due to the pandemic. Since this event is extremely important in preparing your 8th graders to transition into our College Prep Program for High School we are going to host a virtual 8th grade retreat! It will be on the same days, April 23rd and 24th starting at 2pm over zoom. More details to come, but please put it in your calendars. The Frederick staff will be reaching out next week over the phone to double confirm with parents
2) Any 8th grade student interested in working for Tenacity this summer needs to reach out to Mr. Paxton! If you are 14 you can work for Tenacity’s STRP Internship program and if you will be 15 by this summer you can work for Tenacity full time! Please email, text, or call Mr. Paxton for details. This is only for 8th graders who graduate from Tenacity’s Middle School Academy!
· Parents, the Frederick Staff will be reaching out to you in the upcoming weeks to schedule a virtual family visit over the phone or via video conference! Please have some times in mind that would work best for you!
As always do not hesitate to reach out if you need support with anything, have a great weekend, and Happy Easter to those who celebrate!!
– The Frederick Tenacity Team